Forensic Engineer – VIC
We are seeking a Forensic Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting forensic investigations and analysing engineering failures in order to determine the root cause of accidents or incidents. You will work closely with clients, insurance companies, and regulatory agencies to provide technical expertise in the resolution of disputes related to engineering and construction.
- Conduct forensic investigations and analyse engineering failures to determine the root cause of damage or defects.
- Provide technical expertise and support to clients, insurance companies, and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare detailed technical reports and provide expert testimony as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders and identify new business opportunities.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments in forensic engineering.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- University degree qualifications in structural engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of structural engineering consultancy design experience
- Demonstrated experience within Australia of commercial building structural engineering design and construction
- Demonstrated experience of successful design and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of people including builders, architects and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to travel interstate and work on-site on a frequent basis
Your personal attributes should also include:
- A team first approach
- A desire for excellent project outcomes
- A strong attention to detail
- A desire to grow and develop your career
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Professional and friendly personality
- Enjoy mentoring junior engineers
- Motivated to nurture professional relationships and secure project work.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working life. Work-life balance is important, FMG Engineering offer staff the ability to mix working in the office with a working from home capability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ability to purchase up to 2 weeks annual leave
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A chance to develop your professional skills
- An opportunity to work in a team of likeminded and experienced engineering professionals
- Exposure to a variety of business sectors and range of responsibilities developing and delivering challenging projects
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program: A free service that includes counselling for you and your immediate family members
Our culture is one that promotes entrepreneurship, team spirit and autonomy. Our people are passionate about what they do, but have created a fun, friendly and social working environment, where work/life balance is a priority.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only applications from Australian citizens and residents will be considered. A full driver’s licence is required.