Structural Engineer – SA
About the role:
We are currently seeking a qualified structural engineer with 3-8 years of demonstrated structural design experience. As a valued member of our structural team, you’ll have the opportunity to tackle diverse projects, produce essential project documents, collaborate across departments, conduct site inspections, and ensure the quality and timeliness of our work. Your role will involve building and nurturing client relationships, contributing to team development, and staying at the forefront of industry advancements.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant codes, standards, and regulations
- Collaborate with other engineers, architects, builders, designers, and internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects meet the client’s needs and expectations
- Prepare project reports, specifications, and construction documents
- Attend project meetings and coordinate with project managers to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects
- Perform structural analysis and design utilising software tools such as Microstran, SPACE GASS, Coldsteel, CORD, RAPT & TEDDS
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships,
As the Ideal Candidate, You Will Have:
- University degree qualifications in structural engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of structural engineering consultancy design experience.
- Chartered Engineers status or a strong desire to become chartered.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial building structural engineering design within Australia.
- Project management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with builders, architects, and clients
Your Personal Attributes Should Also Include:
- A team-first approach.
- A commitment to delivering excellent project outcomes.
- A passion for structural design and engineering documentation.
- An aspiration to grow and advance your career.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A professional and friendly personality.
- A willingness to mentor junior engineers.
- Motivation to cultivate professional relationships and secure project work.
What We Can Offer You:
- Flexible working arrangements, including the possibility of a compressed 9-day fortnight and a blend of remote and office work.
- A comprehensive professional development program, including internal and external training opportunities.
- The option to purchase an additional week of annual leave.
- Company-paid professional memberships.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Service Recognition Awards.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, which provides counseling for you and your immediate family members.
- The opportunity to work in an established consultancy with significant growth prospects outlined in our strategic plans.
- Mentorship from senior staff members with over 10 years of experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, FMG Engineering actively promotes diversity within our team. We welcome applications from individuals of diverse gender and cultural backgrounds, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and attributes make you a suitable candidate for this role via email to email@example.com.